Sunday, December 27, 2009

Why, in Australia, is there a beauty fixation with blonde hair and blue eyes / tan skin?

I'm a 21 yo Caucasian female from Australia. I have Caucasian light skin, brown eyes, medium brown hair (shoulder length, thick and wavy). Anyways I think I look respectable. I don't dress very fancy I mainly stick to classics like jeans, pearl earrings, some gold rings and jewelery, nice tops. However I've noticed a dominant trend with many girls in Australia and that is to go blonde and get a tan and wear blue contacts. Each to their own style but sometimes I think its nice to just stick with natural features instead of faking. I was hoping someone could offer reasons as to why the whole blonde hair look is so BIG? I know its not true that no one likes a brunette but sometimes I do feel a little plain, not to the point where I'd like to change myself, but I do get a little down sometimes...Why, in Australia, is there a beauty fixation with blonde hair and blue eyes / tan skin?
Its called the Paris Hilton syndrome, you stay as you are sweetie, they are just fake anyway so why let it worry you, some girls like looking like bimbos. Why, in Australia, is there a beauty fixation with blonde hair and blue eyes / tan skin?
Hi there, I think the beauty fixation you are referring to is present in most countries around the world... I am a New Zealander and its here too. .I don't know that you could pin point specifically as to why girls dye their hair blonde and get blue contacts...media has alot to do with it including the promotion of blonde haired blue eyed girls with big busts and fake tans...its all over TV, magazines, movies - etc...theres a huge pressure to look like what is seen on TV and in magazines for alot of young girls. I think you have to be a strong person who knows yourself inside out to resist conforming to what media 'present as beautiful'. However, I think that people like Halle Berry, Salma Hyak, Jessica Alba etc...are beautiful and none of them have fake anything..I guess it all depends on the individual and what their personal views are on what beauty is...theres no such thing as plain..everyone has something beautiful about them...Jennifer Anniston and Kate Moss consider themselves plain looking...again it depends on your personal perspective. No need to ever feel down about blonde haired blued eyed girls...be happy with what you have...too many girls look at other girls and compare themselves...know what is beautiful about you and play up those qualities...
who cares? just be you.
I'm from America and we have the same fascination here. It really bugs me because I'm full Indian -- oddly light skinned enough to pass as persian or a mix of spanish and italian-- but I have to keep telling myself that I'm beautiful, despite the fact that blue-eyed blondes get all the attention. Then again, the world is changing. Wasn't Ashwirya Rye voted as the most beatiful woman in the world? And have you seen the new James bond movie? The seductive woman that tags along is dark skinned and has brown hair. She's beautiful. And she's also NOT blonde. I think everyone was a lot worse with the blonde fascination twenty years ago. As we progress into later centuries, I'm sure blondes will become something of the past. Also, isn't exotic always better?
wearing contact lenses too? Thats just dumb.


I think it's in fashion everywhere hun, even here in England only they tend to like the fake orange tan, blue eyes, white hair almost and big boobs, what matters is who you are.


These 'trends' will die out and everybody will envy you and respect you for being true to yourself.


Don't change for anybody, sure you can maybe up your wardrobe at times and have fun but don't dwell on it. Just think, guys might want to f**k those girls but they will want to marry a sweet natured gorgeous beautie like you!
The blonde fascination is world wide.


Same thing here in Canada.


Thing is most ';blondes'; aren't really blonde.


I prefer natural.
i dunno
Everyone wants to look like Nicole Kidman? The movie Australia is big around here in the USA. Now imagine the attention it, and the stars, Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman are getting.

No comments:

Post a Comment