Monday, December 21, 2009

Why does it seem like the standard of beauty is having olive-golden tan brown skin?

I said standard because beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I mean just from media, and what is considered ';hot';.. How did everything evolve into that standard?Why does it seem like the standard of beauty is having olive-golden tan brown skin?
i notice that too


hey sarah how does it feel to be loved lol


i'm golden


i notice white people seem to tip over more to the goldens like beyonce, mariah carey and jessica alba


i heard that its a sign for lounging in the sun and being rich reason for the golden toneWhy does it seem like the standard of beauty is having olive-golden tan brown skin?
No I get what you mean


Skin tones like jennifer lopez, penelope cruz and eva longoria are always described as being the most desired because they look 'healthy' and 'golden' and 'sexy'.


Yes white features are still presented as the standard of beauty but not pale white skin - tanned skin is generally offered by the media as being the most beautiful skin tone to have.


It's still light enough to be attainable by white people without saying that dark skin is beautiful.


No offense intended..





(:
As time changes so does the defintion of beauty. In medieval times, a fair skin princess was the epitome of beauty while brown skin was seen as something peasants who worked outside the sun would only have. Now that princess is laying out in the sun baking for hours!





I really don't understand it. This is what fuels those tanning salons and now in the summer people go to great lengths to get a tan. Even though we all know the dangers of tanning: prematurage aging, wrinkles, spots, and of course melanoma. Yet, many don't care. Some say it was Coco Chanel who started this trend, she vacationed in an island and got a tan. Then, after that it became fashionable. This was in the early 50s I believe.





It seems the standard of beauty in the media is this: caucasian features, tan skin, blonde hair, and big breasts. A very vulgar look to me personally but people like it.





I have a tan brown skin by nature and while I like my skin color. I do not see what is seen as ';sexy'; about it.
actually the standard of beauty on TV is tanned skin on a blonde haired white woman





natural tanned skinned is not considered standard of beauty on TV, only artificial


same as with anything else on TV


anyway tanned skin is actually pretty light


light brown skin is something like Beyonce or Jessica Alba or Alicia Keys





tanned is more like Jessica Biel(which is more ideal)
because olive skin looks better people don't look sick and pale like the white ones. Yay lucky me i was born with olive golden tan brown skin. Too bad for you that you go tanning you'll get skin cancer and wrinkles at a premature age.
I don't get the olive color thing,





I know of two kinds of olives, jet black, and green. are there more?


because I don't know any green people, and I have only seen two jet black people in my whole life.
I've seen people who would be considered attractive by the media that are darker than that and people that were lighter than that.
It's what the media put into people heads. That light is better than dark. I have to disagree because Gabrielle Union looks so much better than Mariah Carey. I have a long list but I will stop there.
i think its white features that are the standard of beauty not african american features
Which media do you have!!!??????
Hmmm tan brown skin is very common here, nothing special. i'm bored being tan.
Mmm,who knows....i guess it depends on the generation we're apart of-its weird huh,lol-

No comments:

Post a Comment